If you're writing, you need reference databases and print/e-books! If listening or viewing, you need streaming databases or CDs/DVDs!
Use databases anywhere with internet! Print books are in the library to check out or use here. Some major reference books are now also databases.
Look for the additional info button (blue "i") beside a title to learn more!
Our hours are shorter than the rest of the building! Fall COVID Hours:
Sunday: 2 pm - 10 pm
Monday: 8 am - 8 pm
Tuesday: 8 am - 8 pm
Wednesday: 8 am - 10 pm
Thursday: 8 am - 8 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Popular limited time resources are listed below.
Note: You may need to be using TCU VPN to access them.
In response to COVID-19:
1) The entire library building is open 24/5 with shorter weekend hours.
The M/M Library has shorter hours this semester. Check here for updates. We are CLOSED on Saturdays for right now.
2) Lots of full text, music score and streaming databases. Look at the database tabs for online resources! Scroll down for "Best of" lists.
3) We are unable to put commercial DVDs into course shells due to copyright and encryption coding. Please see the Video Resources LibGuide https://libguides.tcu.edu/video for alternatives.
4) Lots of ebooks available. Limit catalog search to "ebooks".
5) Contact me if you have issues, need or can't find something.
6) Please return materials downstairs in the book and media drops, not to the M/ML.
7) We are cleaning and wiping everything down. You MUST wear a mask in the library.
8) We have plexiglass at the counter to minimize exposure during transactions. All returned items quarantine for 5 days.
These are some of the most often used music databases starting with every researcher's first stop: Grove/Oxford Music Online.