Skip to main content
Cumulative Subject Index to the Monthly Catalog of United States Government Publications 1900-1971
- Using this index stops you from having to search the Monthly Catalog year by year.
- Once you’ve found the desired subject the year will be in parenthesis and the page number or citation number will follow.
- Find topic in the index, then go to the particular Monthly Catalog for the exact tangible document information, and then use that information to search in Proquest.
- Be prepared to use era appropriate terminology when searching the index.
Checklist of United States Public Documents 1789-1909
- The book is set-up in SuDoc order detailing what’s been published and the history of that document including possible changes in department or agency or if/when the document ceased publication
Print Versions of the Documents Referenced in the Tab may be found in the Documents Alcove
Cumulative Title Index to United States Public Documents 1789-1976
- Anything before July, 1976 is pre-online, so this document is very useful for research prior to that date.
- Only useful with exact titles. This book will give you the SuDoc number for the specific title.
Cumulative Subject Guide to United States Government Bibliographies
- Search a particular topic and it will provide you with SuDoc numbers significant to the topic.
CIS Legislative Histories
- This document shows the progression of a law through congress including bills, hearings, etc…
- This document is ONLINE ONLY in our collection.