Choosing a Topic
When thinking about a topic, consider these questions:
- What are you passionate about?
- What organizations have you been involved in?
- What kinds of issues have affected you or people you care about?
- What issues interest you that have been in the news lately?
- What issues do you think your audience needs to understand or value more?
Then generate ideas. Spend some time brainstorming. Which topics are worthy of your time and your audience's time? Why is your topic significant?
Opposing Viewpints, CQ Researcher, and NBC Learn are all great resources to use to find topic ideas.