Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Getting to TCU
TCU is located four miles southwest of downtown Fort Worth on University Drive.
From the north or south by car: Take I-35W to I-30 West. Drive west through downtown and exit University Drive South. TCU is about 2 miles south of I-30.
From the west or east by car: Take I-30 and exit University Drive South. The campus is about 2 miles south of I-30.
Drive south on University Drive, then turn left (east) at the light on West Berry Street. Travel four blocks on Berry, then turn left on Lubbock Avenue.
Maps of campus showing the Library and parking lots may be found at maps.tcu.edu
Walking and riding
It is a short walk to the library from Visitor Parking on Lowden Street. The campus also offers a shuttle bus system for traveling the campus from various points.
On Saturday, you may park in the lots on W. Lowden, in any space with white lines. Avoid red-lined spaces, which are reserved parking, and don't park in the accessible spaces unless you have the appropriate hang tag or license plate.
Accessing the Library Building
Find maps to Library facilities, rooms, and service locations under the "Locations" tab on the Floor Plans (Library), Locations, and Directions page.
The Library has 4 elevators. (maps: 1st floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor)
- Two elevators are in the southeast part of the building
- One elevator is in the stairwell on the north side
- One (very small) elevator is on the west end
Persons with mobility impairments can access the Library two ways
- East Entrance: There is a ground-level entrance to the Library through a plaza on the East side between the Library and Rees-Jones Hall. The north side of the plaza is at sidewalk level, while the south side is a few steps up. A ramp at the southeast corner of the Library building offers to access the south side of the plaza. The doors on the plaza open to the ground floor of the Library during all hours that the Library is open, although TCU ID card access is required after non-TCU visitor hours are over.
- Northwest Entrance: An entrance with a ramp is on the northwest corner of the library near University Drive. A button near the accessible entrance activates a buzzer at the Library Services desk. Desk staff then activate the automated door mechanism to allow entrance. This ramp is not available from midnight to 7AM; use the east side entrance during this time.
Click on this map of the Library entrances to open a larger version in a new window.