Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Spectrum's mission statement is to provide a supportive, safe, and social setting for any persons that identify under the LGBTQ+ Spectrum along with any allies and any other interested parties recognizing sexual and gender diversity here at Texas Christian University. To provide educational resources to the university and community regarding issues of sexual and gender diversity. To be a proponent of social and political action in regards to sexual and gender diversity on a local, state, national, and international level.
- To abolish the concept of a ‘closeted campus’ and reach, through education and dialogue, an open, safe and accepting campus where any LGBTQIA+ person can be safe being their true self.
- To educate students, faculty and staff about LGBTQIA+ initiatives and needs.
- To provide a safe space, in conjunction with Student Development Services, for LGBTQIA+ students to meet, study, and rest.
- To work with TCU in changing the wording in official policy and documents to become more affirming and open; for example, adjusting TCU’s policy of being ‘tolerant’ to the individual to a more willing and open acceptance of all individuals.
- To include the campus as a whole community in every event, whether it be a fun event such as a Drag Show or a Parade to seminars, talks, and health screenings.
- To help TCU ‘Lead On’ within the national and global society, to promote equality and acceptance for all.
- To fundraise within Ally and LGBTQIA+ communities to help pay for important events such as the sexual health seminar to providing a public and safe space to host the AIDS Quilt on campus.