1. Put in your PICO terms individually to see if they have a MeSH term (Warning! Not all terms have a MeSH term). As you type in your term they will give you a list of potential terms below that might match your topic. Select the one that is most applicable or just type out your term and press Search.
2. The term that I put in Cardiac Arrest is clearly not the MeSH term, but it is what I was looking for.
On this page you can do several things:
3. Now you will want to add your MeSH term to your search builder
Once you press the button Add to search builder (see image below) the official MeSH term will show up in your Search Builder box, and then you can either continue to build from there or you can send the search to PubMed and bring them in individually and put them together at the end (this would be my preference).
*This is also how you would document your search strategy term "Heart Arrest" [Mesh]
4. If you did take my advice and add each term individually you will need to visit the Advanced Search Builder to combine all of these search terms.
5. Combine your results by clicking on Actions ... by each number and adding the selected terms to the Query box
7. Once your results are combined, you can change/filter your results.